Vacancies on Boards & Committees

Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to the future of your community? Vacancies occur on Boards and Committees throughout the County from time to time. Please consider looking at the brief descriptions of the responsibilities of all appointed Boards, then complete the application form!

Note: In most cases, only Grand Traverse County residents are eligible to serve on these boards and committees. Applications should be received at least 10 days prior to the meeting of the Ad Hoc committee charged with recommending an appointee to fill the vacancy under consideration.  Vacancies on various boards and committees serving the Grand Traverse County Area occur throughout the year with many occurring in the last quarter of each year.  

The following boards have vacancies anticipated through the end of 2019:
Airport Commission, BATA Board (Rural Representative), Building Authority, Building Code of Appeals, Community Corrections, Farmland Preservation Board, Department of Human Services, Parks and Recreation Commission, Board of Public Works, Traverse Area District Library and Veterans Affairs.    

Please considering submitting an application today!

 Submitting Applications  

Please submit applications/resumes online (application form) or to County Administration by fax at
231-922-4636, or in person at: 

Governmental Center
400 Boardman Avenue
Traverse City, MI 49684

Call County Administration at 231-922-4797 if you have additional questions.